2. "Personal Information". WWe automatically track certain basic information about our users and their in-Platform actions. We use this information to do internal research on our members' usage patterns, interests, preferences and general behavior, to better understand and serve you and our community. When you sign up for a Platform user account (îUser Accountî), we collect information about you and your use of the Platform, which may include the following (and which may change from time to time):
- your email address;
- your first and last name;
- your telephone numbers;
- birth date; ï name of college/university and graduating class year;
- photo you upload;
- additional information shared by you;
- a password selected by you;
- credit/debit card information;
Your credit/debit card information will be transferred to a third party that handles payments for us. To keep your credit/debit card information safe and secure, we do not store full credit/debit card information on our servers.
If you decide to sign up for a User Account using your Facebook account, we will also obtain basic information from your Facebook (such as your name, gender, profile photo, and list of your Facebook friends).
3. "Other Information". We may also collect information such as:
- your location;
- contacts from your deviceís phonebook (with your consent);
- images and other information from your deviceís camera and photos (with your consent);
- message(s) you send to us;
- information we receive from other members or third parties about your activities or posting(s) in our Platform;
- information we receive from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms, as well as from other third parties.
We may obtain personal data directly from you, as well as from other parties (including merchants). We also collect your personal data independently from data providers. For example, if we need to verify validity of a userís identification document, then we might inquire for additional information from the appropriate agency, office, bureau, repository or registrar. Please note that we cannot provide our services to an anonymous client or customer, and therefore using our services is subject to your disclosing personal data to us and providing to us the consent to the processing of your personal data.
4. Third Party Partners, Websites and Applications. We currently contract with e-commerce and other online partners to help manage and optimize our business and communications. We use the services of Platform "analytics partners" to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising, and how visitors use the Platform. We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, payment information, or fraud detection information, from third-party partners and combine it with other information that we have about you.
Our sites may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party sites or applications, and are not responsible for their privacy statements, policies or terms. When you leave our Platform, we encourage you to read the privacy notices, policies and terms of every other site which you visit.
We may provide your personal information to companies who help us help you. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide their services. For instance, if you are a customer, we communicate your billing details to a payment processor, and your order details to the food provider, any delivery service, and perhaps also to the party receiving the food. If you choose to designate an alternate contact person, we will share the alternate contact information with these parties. If you came to us through a link supplied to you by a food provider, we communicate your contact information to the food provider, who may use it to market to you. If you place orders for your employer, and your employer is an NWcater 'enterprise user' or 'corporate account' or ënational accountí, we may share your information with your employer. If you are a food provider, we communicate your payment details to a payment processor, and your menu and operating constraints to customers and prospects, any delivery service, and any other parties needed to process any orders you receive or might receive. If you are a delivery service, we communicate your contact information to food providers as needed to process any pick-ups or deliveries you receive or might receive.
5. Use of Personal Information. We use the information we collect about you:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- To keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and use it to respond to you, if you contact us through the Platform;
- To send administrative information, for example, information regarding the Platform and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- To allow you to send Platform-related content to a friend through the Platform. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend's name and email address;
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, enhancing, improving or modifying our Platform, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities;
- To create a better, more personalized experience for you based on your individual usage habits, improve our marketing and promotional efforts, analyze Platform usage, and customize our Platform's content and layout in order to better meet your needs;
- To use for promotional, sales or any use that we consider appropriate, your correspondence with us, or photographs submitted for publication in the Platform;
- To send you text messages and push notifications;
- Facilitate transactions and payments.
6. Disclosure of Personal Information. We may disclose information we collect about you:
- To our third-party service providers that provide services such as Platform hosting, Platform-related consulting and monitoring, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other similar services;
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Platform;
- Posted by you on the Platform or provided by you through registration process. Please note that any information you post or disclose through the Platform will become public information, and may be available to us, to users of the Platform and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information and Other Information, or any other information, on the Platform;
- To a third party (whether affiliated or unaffiliated with us) in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, conveyance, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or interests (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings);
- To a third party to facilitate transaction and payment.
7. Collection of Personal Information and Other Information. We and our third-party service providers may collect information about you in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Platform you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Platform functions properly;
- Through mobile sensor data: we collect from Driversí devices data (such as speed, direction, height, and acceleration) to improve location accuracy and analyze usage patterns;
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with the Platform to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Platform (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Platform and response rates;
- IP Address: your "IP Address" is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider ("ISP"). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Platform, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites and applications. We use IP Address for purposes such as calculating usage levels of the Platform, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Platform;
- From you: information, such as your location, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, is collected when you voluntarily provide this information. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Platform; By aggregating information: aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Platform.
Using or deactivating cookies is your choice. Please also see Section 26 below, regarding Google.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identify Data: includes first name, maiden name, last name, title and date of birth.
- Contact Data: includes billing address, residential address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data: includes bank account details, credit history and reports, and credit card details.
- Transaction Data: includes details about payments to and from you and other details of services you have purchased (or otherwise obtained) from us.
- Technical Data: includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Platform.
- NWcater Data: includes your unique account reference number, purchases or orders made by you, preferences, feedback, survey responses and other correspondence.
- Usage Data: includes information about how you use our Platform and services
- Marketing and Communications Data: includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Social Data: Information provided by social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, when you connect to our Platform. In this case, we collect personal information from the social network in accordance with your privacy settings on that social network. The connected social network may provide us with information, such as your name, profile picture, network, gender, username, user ID, age or age range, language, country, connections and any other information you have agreed it can share or that the social network provides to us.
- Communications Data: if you contact our customer care team, we will collect the information you give us during the interaction. Sometimes, we monitor or record these interactions for training purposes and to ensure a high quality of service. Of course, we also process your messages with other users as well as the content you publish (e.g., information about music, books and movies), as part of the operation of our services.
We sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties information about you, such as name, address, city, email, phone number, etc. We do this to help our caterers deliver orders, for which they need accurate information.
9. Location information. While you can prevent your device from sharing location information at any time through your deviceís operating system settings, without sharing your location we may not be able to provide our services to you.
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We regularly use Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
13. Your choice regarding our use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out from receiving these marketing-related emails by contacting us by email at support@NWcater.com. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably possible. Please note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
14. How you can change or suppress your Personal Information. You may request to correct, update, suppress, or otherwise modify, any of your Personal Information that you have previously provided to us through the Platform, or object to the use or processing of such Personal Information by us. In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you want to place upon your Personal Information which you have provided to us. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably possible. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
16. Use of electronic communication by minors. The Platform is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that these individuals not provide Personal Information through the Platform. We restrict Platform to persons age 18 years or older.
NWcater does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use NWcater only with the permission and oversight of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian.
17. Cross-border transfer. The Platform is controlled and operated by us from the United States, and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Platform you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
18. GDPR disclaimer. At NWcater, we make good faith efforts to comply with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"). We provide the following "GDPR Statement":
(a) At NWcater, we recognize the sensitive nature of the personal data we collect and the importance of protecting it. The GDPR requires us to obtain consent from European Union (" EU ") residents before using their data in any way. It also entitles them to access their data and ask for it to be removed and forgotten from any databases on request.
(b) Below is a list of privileges and how you can exercise these privileges and rights included with GDPR.
(c) You have a right to consent to how NWcater uses your data. Below is a list of the data points we collect and how they are used. We never abuse your information. Along with consenting, you also have the right to withdraw your consent.
(d) We collect data, including:
- First Name ñ used as a contact point reference
- Last Name ñ used as a contact point reference
- Email Address ñ used as a contact point
- Phone Number ñ used as a contact point
- Interest ñ used to track the brand(s) youíre interested in
- Source ñ used to track how you found NWcater
- Other Text Field Box ñ collects any information you wish to provide us
(e) Your data is used for marketing emails and marketing promotions such as newsletters, informational updates about NWcater, and invitations to special events, webinars, and conferences. We also use your data when you:
- make a purchase
- sign up for our newsletter
- respond to a survey or marketing communication
- browse the website
- enter information in a form
- use live chat
- use certain other site features
We use your data in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
We use the information provided to create your profile, place orders with food providers to deliver food and services to whatever location(s) you designate, create food provider profiles, and communicate transaction-related messages, newsletters and promotional messages..
(f) Your data is stored for an indefinite matter of time if you donít notify NWcater via the below methods to remove it. In the case that NWcater tries to contact you and your email address and/ or phone number are no longer viable, your information will be declared inactive and NWcater will not continue to attempt contact. If your contact information is updated with viable information, our records will be declared active as long as you havenít exercised your right to revoke consent or be forgotten
(g) Under GDPR you have the right to ask for all the data collected on you. Your data is stored in a secure database. It will take up to 72 hours to retrieve and send you collected data. The data will be provided in the form on a spreadsheet and sent via personal email.
(h) Your right to be forgotten refers to your right to have your information wiped from our database. If you wish for your information to be removed please email us at support@NWcater.com and weíll confirm your information is removed via personal email within 72 hours.
(i) If you wish to submit a formal complaint against how your data is being used, collected, or stored by NWcater, contact us at support@NWcater.com.
((j) If youíve consented to receive messages or other communications from us and want to revoke that consent (or 'opt out'), please contact us at support@NWcater.com and weíll update our records and ensure your data is not stored. Weíll confirm your withdrawal via personal email within 72 hours.
19. Sensitive information. Please do not send us, and do not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., Social Security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Platform or otherwise to us.
24. ADA Compliance, Disabilities, Accessibility.NWcater attempts to make its information accessible to all individuals. If you use special adaptive equipment and encounter problems when using our Platform, please report them using the following contact information: support@NWcater.com.We will let you know if the information is available in an alternate format. We strive to meet World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Recommendations and other web industry standards, specifically conforming to HTML 5, CSS Level 3, WAI-ARIA, and the U.S. Access Board's Section 508 guidelines.
NWcater is committed to making its Platform available to as many people as possible, and makes every effort to ensure its communications are accessible to those with special needs, including those with visual, hearing, cognitive and motor impairments.
If you come across a page you find difficult to use, please contact us at support@NWcater.com.
25. Referrals, Reviews. Our Platform gives you the ability to leave reviews for orders. These reviews may, solely at our option, be made publicly accessible. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. If you wish to edit or change these reviews you may do so by accessing the order where you originally left the review. To request removal of a review, please contact us at support@NWcater.com.
Our Platform gives you the ability to leave comments that may, solely at our option, be made publicly accessible through a third party provider. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. You may not be able to edit or change such comments. To request removal of a comment, or of your personal information from a comment, please contact us or the third party provider. We may not be able to remove your personal information. We will let you know if we are unable to do so, and why.
If you choose to suggest a food provider to us, you will give us the food providerís name, location, and phone number. We store the food providerís information so we can reach out to the suggested food provider. The food provider may contact us at support@NWcater.com to request that we remove this information from our database
If you are a food provider, we may list you in our publicly accessible directory. If you wish to request removal of your information from our directory, you can contact us at support@NWcater.com . If you provide us information about your business, we will use and store that information to service and support you. The profile you create, or we create for you, on our websites or through our mobile applications will be publicly accessible unless you request to be removed from our websites and mobile applications.
26. Google. Google's advertising requirements are described in Google's Advertising Principles. They are in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other thirdparty identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
All materials © 2018 Nationwide Cater, Inc., unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.